Saturday, January 31, 2015
Volunteer needed in Turkey
Deadline and time of the EVS program is flexible, so please spread the word, if you have some friends who may be interested to spend some months in İstanbul.
Project Title: Rolling İstanbul (EVS)
Voluntering Dates: 15.2.2015 – 15.12.2015 (10 months)
Place: İstanbul and occasional travels to other cities in Turkey
About the Project
European Voluntary Service (EVS) volunteer will be involved in the German-Turkish Youth Bridge Project as the project asssistant.
EVS covers lodging, food, travel, insurance expenses and provides a monthly pocket money (80 Euros). For more information on EVS, visit http://ec.europa.eu/youth/programme/mobility/european-voluntary-service_en.htm
Here are some responsibilities of the volunteer:
• making necessary research about applicant organizations,
• updating the database, writing exacutive summaries for the projects,
• helping the logistics of the Turkish-German meetings, conferences and trainings,
• assisting the Project Coordinator in her daily tasks,
• creating new project ideas fostering the German-Turkish Youth Bridge.
Expected profile of the volunteer:
• Between 17-30 years, holding German passport.
• Have some experience in the area of education and youth work,
• Clear commitment to the values and objectives of TOG and the Youth Bridge,
• Clear understanding of global youth work together with the personal qualities and skills needed to perform the above described functions,
• Native-language skills in German,
• Knowledge of Turkish and English languages will be strong assets,
• Highly motivated to learn, readiness to travel, good team player,
• Interculturally competent and enjoying working with young people
Interested candidates should send their CVs and motivation letters to email@example.com . Any additional photo, video or other supportive material is welcomed.
About the Youth Bridge
The German-Turkish Youth Bridge aims to intensify youth exchange between Germany and Turkey and to establish a central platform for all teenagers and young adults, parents, teachers and youth work professionals who are or wish to become active in youth exchange between Germany and Turkey. The German-Turkish Youth Bridge intends to improve the possibilities of this bilateral exchange with specific programmes, by pooling the already existing measures and by creating possibilities of promoting new initiatives. The goal is to create a better understanding for each other and to continue strengthening the relationships. The German-Turkish Youth Bridge is represented with its offices in Istanbul and Düsseldorf. The German-Turkish Youth Bridge is an initiative of Stiftung Mercator. Turkey-Office in Istanbul is hosted by Toplum Gönüllüleri Vakfı (TOG – Community Volunteers Foundation).
For more details visit www.jugendbruecke.de